- The golf ball looks too small.
- Graphics aren’t much better. Players still don’t look that crisp.
- They “added something” in that you can now play at night or any time of the day, and I think it’s a very stupid idea. I don’t want to play at night, it’s absolutely stupid. Golf isn’t played at night, and usually not at 5 in the morning or 8 at night when the sun is barely visible. I want the course and scenery to be fully visible. Period. I wish it was a removable feature.
- Different mechanics on the swing. Used to be able to power up by tapping on the backswing, and then a good shot would use a different camera and make a sound effect – that is all gone now, and it’s much more dull.
- Interface for leveling up and seeing progress, choosing clubs, etc. – oversimplified I think. Feel like there wasn’t much thought or creativity put into it.
- Jim Nance and David Feherty – commentating seems lacking, not as good as it used to be.
- Part of game based around getting “pins” you can use. You can purchase these “packs” of them with coins you earn in game or buy using real money to buy. EA trying to suck more money out of you when you just spent 60 bucks on a video game. Do they really need the money? They seem more focused on how they can increase profits, make it a social game, and reward those who play it on a regular basis than focused on the graphics, mechanics, and what a true gamer really wants.
- Personally, I don’t think these games should come out every year. I would much rather see coming out every 2 years with more development between each game. With it coming out every year, they put pressure on themselves to make tweaks to “spice the game up”, when many times the changes they make are unwanted. I’m oldschool. I don’t want to play golf at midnight. Don’t display that as some sort of big, wanted “feature”.
I do like the music – sort of inspirational and classic.